Headlining three title fights, BRAVE CF 57 received four more mega fights as the organization returns to the Kingdom of Bahrain on March 11 during BRAVE International Combat Week.
Asu Almabaev, 2021 Fighter of the Year and 2021 Submission of the Year winner, returns in a flyweight fight against Rizvan Abuev which is likely to have serious title implications – especially with the final of the flyweight tournament between Ali Bagautinov and Velimurad Alkhasov looming.
A massive super welterweight bout was also added with Brazilian stars Luis Felipe Dias and Nursulton Ruziboev coming off a career-changing win that earned him the KO of the Year award for 2021.
Two lightweight bouts have also been announced with rivals Agshin Babaev and Husein Kadimagomaev settling unfinished business, and Fighter of the Year contender Sam Patterson taking on Khunkar-Pasha Osmaev.
BRAVE CF 57 will be headlined by a vacant world bantamweight title fight between top contenders Hamza Kooheji and Brad Katona.
Two more title fights are also scheduled for fight night: middleweight champion Mohammad Fakhreddine will once again attempt to become a two-division titleholder in a rematch against arch-nemesis Mohamed Said Maalem for the belt. light heavyweights, while Abdisalam Kubanychbek takes on former champion Amin Ayoub for the interim lightweight title, while lineal titleholder Ahmed Amir is out with injury.
BRAVE CF 57 will take place on March 11, during BRAVE International Combat Week, which will also feature the first-ever edition of the MMA Super Cup, the highest-paying team-versus-team competition in amateur mixed martial arts.
BRAVE CF 57 Battle Card (so far):
- Bantamweight Title Fight: Hamza Kooheji (11-2) vs. Brad Katona (10-2)
- Light heavyweight title fight: Mohammad Fakhreddine (MW-C, 14-4, 2 NC) vs. Mohamed Said Maalem (11-3, 1 NC)
- Interim lightweight title fight: Abdisalam Uulu Kubanychbek (18-3) vs. Amin Ayoub (16-5)
- Super-welterweight fight: Nursulton Ruziboev (32-8-2, 2 NC) against Luis Felipe Dias (14-3)
- Lightweight: Sam Patterson (8-1-1) vs. Khunkar-Pasha Osmaev (10-6-1)
- Flyweight: Asu Almabaev (14-2) vs. Rizvan Abuev (12-3)
- Lightweight: Husein Kadimagomaev (8-1) vs Agshin Babaev (22-7, 1 NC)
Roberto Villa is the CEO, Founder, Executive Writer, Editor of FightBook MMA. Has a passion for combat sports and also a podcast host for Sitting Ringside. He is also a veteran MMA fighter and Kickboxer.
#MMA #CombatSportsNews #BRAVECF #UFC #MuayThai #Boxing #Kickboxing #Prowrestling #BareKnuckleFighting