It’s wrestling week on Fight Island. UFC 267 is upon us with a loaded fight card due to descend from Abu Dhabi on Saturday. Light heavyweight champion Jan Blachowicz will face veteran Glover Teixeira in the main event while Petr Yan and Cory Sandhagen will battle for the interim bantamweight strap in the co-main event. The card serves as a numbered PPV event while being free on ESPN +.
At 41 and over seven years from his previous UFC gold stunt, Teixeira is an unlikely challenger for the title. Still, a five-game winning streak that includes two wins over former title challengers has made him as strong a contender at 205 pounds as available in the division’s post-Jon Jones era.
Can’t get enough of boxing and MMA? Get the latest news in the world of combat sports from two of the best in the business. Subscribe to Morning Kombat with Luke Thomas and Brian Campbell for the best analysis and in-depth news, including top storylines to watch at UFC 267 on Saturday below.
Blachowicz has proven to be a legitimate champion, winning the vacant title first against Dominick Reyes and then defending the title against middleweight champion Israel Adesanya. In both of those title fights, Blachowicz entered the Octagon as an underdog. This will not be the case against Teixeira.
Meanwhile, the main co-event features a pair of fighters who have suffered losses and are fighting for the interim title at 135 pounds. This is the rare case where it can be seen as a correct decision by matchmakers as Yan, the former champion, held the title during his clash with Aljaimain Sterling and won the fight until he committed a flagrant foul which led to disqualification. He was hoping to secure his rematch there, but Sterling was deemed medically unfit to compete. Sandhagen, meanwhile, lost a close decision to former champion TJ Dillashaw where many believed he had done enough to win.
The action takes place on October 30 from the Etihad Arena in Abu Dhabi. This is a rare UFC “numbered” event that will be broadcast as a non-paid event. Below is the most recent announced battle card with a battle order yet to be determined. Latest odds via Caesars Sportsbook.
CBS Sports will be with you throughout the week to cover UFC 267 with the latest news, the best features and the best bets to consider for the Abu Dhabi fight card. This page will be your home to find it all, so stay tuned and keep this page updated for all the latest information from Fight Island.
UFC 267 fight card, odds
Odds via Caesars Sportsbook
- Jan Blachowicz (c) -300 v Glover Teixeira +240, light heavyweight championship
- Petr Yan -230 v Cory Sandhagen +190, interim bantamweight championship
- Islam Makhachev -625 vs. Dan Hooker +450, lightweight
- Alexander Volkov -300 vs. Marcin Tybura +240, heavyweight
- Khamzat Chimaev -575 vs. Li Jingliang +425, welterweight
- Magomed Ankalaev -310 vs. Volkan Oezdemir +250, light heavyweight
- Amanda Ribas -160 against Virna Jandiroba +135, female strawweight
- Zubaira Tukhugov -170 v Ricardo Ramos +145, featherweight
- Albert Duraev -360 vs. Roman Kopylov +280, middleweight
- Shamil Gamzatov -150 vs. Michal Oleksiejczuk +125, light heavyweight
- Lerone Murphy -310 vs. Makwan Amirkhani +250, featherweight
- Elizeu Zaleski Dos Santos -220 v Benoit Saint-Denis +180, welterweight
- Andre Petroski -230 v Yaozong Hu +190, light heavyweight
- Damir Ismagulov -280 vs. Magomed Mustafaev +230, lightweight
- Tagir Ulanbekhov -360 against Allan Nascimento +280, flyweight
UFC 267 Info
- Dated: October 30
- Site: Eithad Arena – Abu Dhabi
- Start time: 2 p.m. ET (Main Card)
- How to watch: ESPN +
UFC 267 Countdown
Who wins Blachowicz against Teixeira? And what other choices do you need to see for a parlay with a better payout than 9-1? Visit SportsLine now for the top picks detailed on UFC 267, all from the insider who earned nearly $ 9,200 on MMA picks over the past year, and find out.